Photo by Greg Roth, NAR
Beyond being the winning bidder, how do you make sure you are working with the best REALTOR® for you?
2015 President Chris Polychron talked to Men’s Health Live recently, and provides tips for finding a REALTOR® just in time for the spring market. Here are some highlights:
- Seeking advice on finding a REALTOR®? Sixty-eight percent of all REALTOR® business comes from personal referrals, so ask friends, family, and neighbors.
- Interview several REALTORS® to find someone you are comfortable with. “If you interview them for any length of time you’re going to figure out their sincerity and how well prepared they are,” says Chris.
- How many transactions has a REALTOR® done? “I would certainly want them to have 8-10 transactions in the area that you’re considering,” says Chris. “They’ll have the experience necessary.”
- Ask a REALTOR® how often they will communicate throughout the home buying process. “That’s probably a key point for me,” Chris adds.
- Do business with a REALTOR® that understands how to use technology. “Listings come on the market quickly. A good REALTOR® will have access to see listings that come on first.”
Listen to Chris’s entire interview with Men’s Health Live for more tips on finding a REALTOR®.